Child Behavior Expert Forum
My 2 Year Old Wont Talk
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My 2 Year Old Wont Talk

Hi, my 2 year old (30 months to be exact) will not talk. He understands almost everything we say and follows commands very well. He has an iPad and can use my iPhone better than a lot of adults I know. Every now and then he will repeat a single word or small phrase he hears on TV and he imitates sounds/actions frequently but he does not form sentences and he speaks jibberish/ baby talk. When he is not watching TV, his vocabulary includes "No, stop, Daddy, I did & what" Sometimes it seems like he's trying to form sentences because he says the same things over and over and one word always sticks out. For example, when I tell him he's being bad he says "Wutta do, wutta do", I think he's trying to say "what did I do?" He cant tell people how old he is, he cant say his name or ask for his cup. He should be doing these things at his age. I have been concerned with this for some time now. Ive had his hearing checked and he can hear fine. His doctor told me to just wait and see but I know my child and I know something is wrong.
1 Comment
Blank
242606_tn?1243786248
At his age of 30 months this is indeed a cause for worry. His expressive  language delay invites evaluation by a speech/language pathologist and you should ask his pediatrician to arrange this.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank