Child Behavior Expert Forum
My 2 year old is very mean and out of control??

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My 2 year old has always been a very hard child. Very Defiant and strong-willed. But it is increasingly getting much worse. I have stayed home with her since she was born and she has never had any influence of any children teaching her the things that she does. She is moody all day every day. She kicks, screams, bites, pitches and pulls hair. When she is being told No about anything she bangs her head hard enough to make marks on her forehead. She pulls her own hair out when she is being disciplined in any manner. I have kept a lot of kids in my life and I have a 8 yr old son and I have never met a kid that is so consumed with being upset, mad or just plain mean. I thought I was helping my kids by staying home but I really am at a breaking point I dont know what to do to make her listen to me even about stuff like taking off in a parking lot or touching a hot pan. She pulls her diaper off and plays in her stuff getting it all over her walls and herself numerous times we had to start taping her diapers so she cannot get them off. Last week I painted her room and I put border around the middle the next morning I got up and she had pulled all the border down in the middle of the night. She does not play with toys normally she wants to bang them into the wall or break them. She rips every book she gets her hands on. Could there be something wrong with her medically? Is there different things I could try to help her I am desperate for any ideas to make her happy????????????
Sincerely Steph
Your daughter is displaying symptoms that go beyond the normal spetrum of childhhod behavioral problems. Yes, she might be displaying symptoms of childhood emotional disorder, and an evaluation by a mental health professional is in order. If you are uncertain how to proceed, ask your pediatrician for a referral or a suggestion. If you have health insurance, on the back of the insurance card there is likely a telephone number to call to gain access to mental health services. As part of the evaluation process, please call these behaviors to the attention of the pediatrician. Most likely he/she will want to do some lab work to be sure all is normal on that front.
My three year old son Jacob is out of control. From the time he was born i noticed he was never happy and seemed to cry alot. I have noticed that he have extreme temper flare ups and gets furious with anyone who tries to correct him. He hits people, and screams with intensity. If his brothers or I take something from him or disipline him he calls us names, screams at the top of his lungs and throws himself around. I am afraid to take him anywhere public. We never take him to the library or store because I dont know how he'll ever act. I have three other children who are older than Jacob, so I know what terrible twos are like..this is way out of conrol. He seems wound too tight for lack of a proper term. Please advise me on what to do. I dont want my child on medications.
A related discussion, Two year old going out of control was started.
A related discussion, My 2yr old son was started.
A related discussion, terrible twos was started.
My son is gonna be two in few days hhhe is real mean he bites hits pulls hair for no reason he kicks in the middle of night when hesleeos I stay home with him to he is mainly with me y is he acting like this his dad is bipolar is it possible he is to