Child Behavior Community
My 20 months old son is biting his nails and crunching his teeth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My 20 month old son is biting his nails and crunching his teeth even in his sleep..  I have noticed that during the weekend he sometimes stops biting his nails but starts again in the week, (he goes to daycare).  I have asked his day care provider if there are any kids who bite their nails and she said none.
It sounds like he is stressed over going to daycare..
Does he go for long hours to daycare he does sound as if itsconnected with being ther, do they give him enough attention, sometimes Daycares are so overloaded, how does he spend his day , does he have games and does some play with him, read to him take him out? if you can afford to do it cut back on daycare,and make sure he has plenty to do.