Child Behavior Expert Forum
My 3 year old keeps crying until he poops

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Hi, I have a wonderful 3 year old little boy. He is completely potty trained and usually never has any potty problems. However, lately during his nap time he fusses and cries until he poops in his pull up. He knows that if he needs to go potty then he has to tell me and I will take him. So because I know he knows better if he poops in his pants he gets spanked. Is this a cry for attention? Am I giving him exactly what he wants just in a negative way? What can I do to make this stop??? Please help, ihave tried everything from talking to him, wearing him out by taking him outside to let him play, reading books, rocking to him and singing to him-nothing has worked.
If you know that he has to use the potty, let him use it. Spanking him is really wrong - he is not doing anything wrong. As ana side, even if he was doing something wrong, spanking him is not useful.
That doesn't help me. WHAT DO I DO TO STOP IT?????????
Hello anniebee, I am studing to be a kindergarten and I know that for children it is very difficult to control their poop. Going to the toilet is a process difficult to assimilate.
Maybe, he cries because you punished him before, and now he is scared about it. Talk to him, tell him that nothing is gonna happen, that is natural. You have to check his medical condition, too. Maybe something is hurting his anos or he´s got a orinal infection.
I hope my answer can help you. By the way, always check everything with a doctor, or psycologist.
I don't understand what you mean when you say you want to 'stop it'. Stop what? If you hear him cry, have him use the potty. You have observed the pattern - now all you have to do is respond to it.