My 4 Years old son try to break everything
I have a 4 years old son who try to break and destroy everything that he gets that include his toys. sometimes he gets a piece of paper and he immediately start tearing it off. He was a normal child upto 1 1/2 year. He started developing this problem after that age. He was getting a lot of attention as we were living with his granny and an aunt. He goes to preschool and most of the time teacher says that he behaves normal. However at home he become very destructive. Sometimes he tries to bully his younger sister who is just 1 1/2 years old though he loves her.I hit him on his bums when he goes beyond limits and try to hurt her or refuses to behave. I feel sorry after words. But i can't help it as he does not stop if we tell him to do so.

He is very strong built and big for his age. We don't know what to do with him. Once we took him to a child specialist and he didn't find anything wrong with him. The problem is that we can not afford to run to a doctor every time since we are struggling to make ends meet.
I will appreciate any comments, advise from anyone who have had a similar problem or knows how to correct his behavior.
Thank you to all of those who takes time to post reply to my question.
Normal? Whats normal? I dont think he started developing a problem, it sounds like he just started to ask for attention in his own way. You have to be firm with different techniques. If in school he is listening to the teacher and not misbehaving, then it sounds like he needs more firmness at home so he can do the same. Hes four, ofcourse he is going to try to bully his sister. You must put a stop to that.  Save your money, No doctor can tell you how to discipline him. And if he is bullying, I advice you not to do the spanky on butt, they tend to believe its a power that one day they can also use. Im not against a spanking when needed, but using only this method is not going to work, actually it will backfire. Merit him whenever his  behaviour is appropriate, dont yell when its not. Dont leave important papers out. And when he breaks his toys, you kneel to his height, and say oh boy wat a shame, this toy was really nice, now that its broke we will have to throw it in the garbage. Looks like we are running out of toys..obviously in a low, understanding  tone. Be firm, dont buy new toys, and take into consideration that=the family was living with granny and auntie.  Now only 2 people give him attention at home, rather then going in and out of rooms where someone was bound to give him attention. Hang in there he sounds like hes just acting out on his desire for more attention. Hope this helps, good luck.