Child Behavior Community
My 4 year old daughter is always giving me a hard time
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My 4 year old daughter is always giving me a hard time

No matter what I do or say my 4 year old daughter is always unhappy with something.
She doesn’t like her hair up, she doesn’t like her shoes/sandals, she doesn’t like that way her shirt fits, she doesn’t like the way her pants fit, she will not wear jeans at all and if I make her its a terror. She always says she doesn’t feel good when I tell her to clean her room or brush her teeth or hair. The mornings I hate most because she refuses to get out of bed. When I finally get her out she’s crying and having a fit about it. I discipline my daughter, time outs, spankings, yelling at her (which i hate to do) taking things away, not allowing her to watch television/listen to her CD player, taking toy's away etc.. I have tried everything and I can’t take it anymore. I’m depressed and sad because I always feel angry towards her. She is very stubborn and hard headed. This morning for example was a horrible morning having a huge fit about everything. I dropped her off at daycare in tears because I can’t deal with it anymore. She doesn’t care if she hurts my feelings. I love my daughter very much but I am at my wits end with how she behaves. I really need some help and guidance. I don’t know what to do anymore. Help please