Child Behavior Community
My 4 year old is peeing around the house

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Hi, my 4 year old son started to pee around the house.  He has been potty trained since he was 3 years old.  When I ask him why did he do it, he does not seem to understand.  Also, when he does it I am not around, but then when I come into the room he will say "Mama pichi"(pichi means pee) and points out where he has pee. What should I do?  The first few times it happenned I did not got mad, I just tried to explain to him that he should not pee there, he should pee in the toilet like he has always done. He never had any problems potty training, as a matter of fact, he never had an accident, so I am really confused.  Today, he pee in the carpet in the living room, and I did got upset and told him he could not watch his favorite cartoon before going to bed.  Should I be very concerned?
Thanks so much for your help.
Susy
We are dealing with the same issue with our four year old son. He has peed on the carpet, on my other sons bed, in shoes etc.....I am sure this is a phase we will get through but for the time being we are struggling with how to handle the situation.
Exactly! Mine did too. Beware: somehow Social workers heard of this and are using it against me to claim that the child suffers emotional harm from me and are using it as a 'reason' to remove my child from me (the mother) in court! (2012!) . DO NOT MENTION THIS (that is happening with your son)TO THEM. It is perfectly normal. My son is now four and stopped this when late 3. A best friend of his did it too. Nothing wrong, stop worrying. Make nothing of it. It is a natural stage of research. Do not introvert the child or humiliate them.
The kids surely will not be doing it in their 20s!!! : )
theyb have the understanding of their age, and no more!

A big hello from a parent.