Child Behavior Community
My 4 year old killed a small animal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My 4 year old killed a small animal

My son went to his grandparents over the weekend and killed a baby mole. I was informed of the situation when i picked him up> which no one really knows what happen because he was alone in the back yard. I was horrified iI cried on the way home. I ask him about it, he doesn't want to talk about it or he doesn't want me to tell anyone. I dont know if he really understands
He obviously knows what he has done is wrong because he dont want you to tell anyone but whether or not he wants to talk about it this do have to be talked about so he knows the errors of his ways,whilst i know you are upset but once you have talked to him i am sure you can sort this out
you need to make sure he knows what he did is wrong, not to freak you out but recently there were to teens who killed lots of animals and filmed it.  then they went on to torturing other human beings. They filmed that too. that mentally scared me and im pretty sure that had to start somewhere in their life.