Aa
A
A
Close
My 4 year old will not play alone
How do I encourage my 4 year old to play alone. If my husband and I don't play with him he just wants to watch TV. Every 2 minutes he is asking me to play with him and I can't get anything done. I also have a 4 month old. I can't seem to get all the house work done because I feel so bad to have to tell him no. My husband also works out of town sometime and I am getting so run down. what should i do
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Try setting specific "play" time with your son.  For instance, set aside 1/2 hr. each evening for "family play time".   Tell your son that you and Daddy will play with him then - after dinner, after the dishes are clean, after he takes his bath, etc.  When he comes to you earlier, remind him of the plan, then assign him a specific task to do.  Say something like "It's not time yet" or "We'll have a lot of fun later", then add "in the meantime, you can put those toys away" or "you can go brush your teeth", or "you need to put your shoes away - hurry so we can play later!", etc.  If he comes back to you again, ask him, "did you put those toys away?...brush your teeth?...".  If you always have a chore to give him, he might decide it's easier to entertain himself than continue to bug you.  When "family fun time" finally rolls around, turn off the TV, break out a special surprise snack, sit with your husband and child and for 1/2 an hour or so before he goes to bed, make "family play time" as fun, lively, silly, and loving as you possibly can! Play Go Fish or Chutes and Ladders; sing karioki, or run around for hide & seek.  I remember some pretty fun "marshmallow wars" at my house.  Anyway, I hope this helps.  I wish I sill had your problem - how lucky you are to spend time with your loving husband and four year old!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
973741 tn?1342346373
Blank