My 4 year old will not play alone
How do I encourage my 4 year old to play alone. If my husband and I don't play with him he just wants to watch TV. Every 2 minutes he is asking me to play with him and I can't get anything done. I also have a 4 month old. I can't seem to get all the house work done because I feel so bad to have to tell him no. My husband also works out of town sometime and I am getting so run down. what should i do
Try setting specific "play" time with your son.  For instance, set aside 1/2 hr. each evening for "family play time".   Tell your son that you and Daddy will play with him then - after dinner, after the dishes are clean, after he takes his bath, etc.  When he comes to you earlier, remind him of the plan, then assign him a specific task to do.  Say something like "It's not time yet" or "We'll have a lot of fun later", then add "in the meantime, you can put those toys away" or "you can go brush your teeth", or "you need to put your shoes away - hurry so we can play later!", etc.  If he comes back to you again, ask him, "did you put those toys away?...brush your teeth?...".  If you always have a chore to give him, he might decide it's easier to entertain himself than continue to bug you.  When "family fun time" finally rolls around, turn off the TV, break out a special surprise snack, sit with your husband and child and for 1/2 an hour or so before he goes to bed, make "family play time" as fun, lively, silly, and loving as you possibly can! Play Go Fish or Chutes and Ladders; sing karioki, or run around for hide & seek.  I remember some pretty fun "marshmallow wars" at my house.  Anyway, I hope this helps.  I wish I sill had your problem - how lucky you are to spend time with your loving husband and four year old!