Child Behavior Expert Forum
My 4year old not listening to any one.

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My 4year old not listening to any one.

My 4and a half year old gets very cranky when he is told to do something he does not want to do. He hit his kindy teacher cause she asked him to go into another room cause he threw his hat over the fence. Then at swimming lessons on Saturday his teacher told him to stay on the side of the pool while she gives the other child ago to swim. Next thing she turned around and saw him standing up on the side of the pool about to jump in and when she told him to sit on the side of the pool for 1 minute he got cranky and started to cry and scream. After the swimming lesson he said he is very sorry and he will cry and get very upset. What am I doing wrong as a parent or is this a normal thing a child goes through. Please help.
Managing such behavior is a clear and straightforward matter. Take a look at Lynn Clark's book SOS Help for Parents and follow his guidelines.