My 4yr old keeps pooping on his floor
My 4 yr old has been pooping on the floor. We have recently gotten him potty trained, and he still poops on the floor. We have yelled, and discussed and now we are making him clean it up. I don't know why he is doing this. He is the only 4 yr old we have and we do not have another kids his age, I am home with him all day, HE even has A potty In his room where he can and has pooped in. He was born at 28 weeks so he was a bit delayed, and playing catch up but, he is very bright, and full of energy. I feel awful and like I'm a terrible parent, I keep asking myself maybe I yell too much at him when he does things wrong, or maybe I have swatted him on his bottom too many times. ( not for pooping on the floor) but for things like running away from me in public places and him taking his seat belt off while in the car on the interstate.. I just do not know what to do
Usually, when kids poop or pee in inappropriate places in their home they're trying to stick their thumb in the parent's eye,  and that's a really effective way to do it.  

Have you thought about finding a therapist for a couple sessions of "play therapy"?  A lot of kids do this once,  as kind of a weird thing to do because kids are curious.  But to keep doing it after it's obvious it's distressing you is a sign he's trying to express anger,  in my opinion.

Best wishes.