Child Behavior Community
My 5 year old is wetting his pants

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My 5 year old is wetting his pants

My 5 year old son just started kindergarten 2 weeks ago. I have had a problem with him wetting his pants for awhile now. It comes and goes sometimes he wets everyday and sometimes he will not wet for weeks. When he wets it is not like he completly wet his pants it is like he leaked and just the front is wet. This does not bug him at all. He claims that he does not even feel that he is a bit wet. I have taken him to the doctor and had him tested for everything. His doctor put him on Ditropan. I did not use it because he stoped wetting his pants. Now He is wetting at school everday. I do not know what to do. The school wants him in pull ups and he refuses to go to school if I put one on him. The doctor said to give him the medicine but i dont think that he needs it because this just comes and goes. I have tried everything from not saying anything to him about wetting to taking things away, offering rewards, doing stickers. WHAT DO I DO!!!!
Have you asked if they let him have frequent potty' breaks as sometimes children dont like to ask and have to be reminded so ask Teacher to remind him,to go.  
My five-year-old daughter has also started wetting her pants at school.  We have been struggling with this for a while but she was only having occasional accidents over the summer.  Since she started school it is almost every day and the nurse frequently has to change her clothes.  We have tried everything including taking her to the doctor and her teacher reminds her once per hour.  I am at a loss for what to do.