Child Behavior Expert Forum
My 5 year old son was found with an erection in the room with other boy...

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My 5 year old son was found with an erection in the room with other boys

I was babysitting 4 year old twin boys who are friends with my 5 year old son. As they were playing in the room I noticed it got quiet so I proceeded to go and see what was up. I walk in and seen all three boys naked from the bottom down!! I was horrified and the to notice my son had an erection!!!! This is making this all the way harder to deal with. It it possible my son was sexually stimulated from other boys? Does this mean he's experiencing homosexual tendencies? Why would a 5 year old have an erection in a sexual way? I'm so hurt I can't sleep, I can't look at my son the same! I think I need counseling now. It could be worse than it is because my own deep seeded childhood issues but I am extremely un-eased! Please help?
You are right to see that you need some help. Your reaction is excessive, particularly because it involves a change in how you are viewing your son. That is unfortunate and a strong sign you should seek help.

The behavior has absoutely nothing to do with your son's sexual orientation.

It goes without saying that the behavior invites clear limit-setting. Also, calmly speak with him about how this came to pass. Remember: he is only five, so be careful about taking at face value anything he says. But you may learn some important information.
Thanks now that's its been a few days I feel comfortable enough to bring the topic up.  Things  my son does reminds reminds me he's innocent , and the same baby I fell  in love with. I have 3 older kids and have never experienced this before, I think because of situation like this that happen to me as a child "more intense" is why I took this situation out of hand. Because of my reaction compared to other parents going through the same thing I see now because  my childhood I need counseling thank for your advice and I hope me and my son can move pass this..