Child Behavior Expert Forum
My 5 yr girl rubbing herself on other

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My 5 yr girl rubbing herself on other

This is the email I got from her teacher and she does not do this at home.

I am writing to tell you to have a talk with Kate about inappropriate
actions at school.  Today, she pulled her pants down while standing in
the potty line and showed everyone her underwear.  She thought it was
quite funny, but i did not.  She changed her card for it.  I have
noticed that she jokes in this way often.  She is reported always
looking under the stalls in the bathroom.  In class during free centers,
I sometimes have to talk to Kate about rubbing herself on others in an
inappropriate manner.  Do you see tings like this at home?  Can you talk
to her about it?  I know that she knows better and I am wondering if she
is doing it for attention or if there is something more to it that I
need to be concerned about.  She is probably just curious, so talk with
her about it!!!  Thanks and let me know if there is anything else I can
do!!!

This behavior goes beyond simple curiosity. Be sure you are setting firm limits; she should respond to such limits all else being equal. If the situation persists, have her evaluated. Do you think she is being exposed to any inappropriate content - e.g., via movies, videos, etc., where she might have witnessed behavior of a sexual sort? Such overstimulation can result in the behavior you witnessed.
My wife and I thought about movies or TV shows being the issues. However, we could not think of a show or a movie that we let her watch that has this kind of behavior. Then again it is everywhere on TV and we mite not be paying action to it. She is somewhat smart and I think she notices things that you normally would not think. What about after school care? When I go and pick her up and drop her off there is always older kids around her?
hi,
  is it at all possible your daughter may have seen u and ur wife being intimate?
To my knowledge, she has not seen us but if she did, I do not think she would say anything
It's hard to know, of course, but all you can do at this point is keep alert to any inappropriate influences she might be experiencing.
My cousins little girl age 3 does something that I find odd.  Whenever she is in a shopping cart (in the child sea), she rubs herself against it.  I have also seen her strattle things and rub against them.  Is this normal behavior?
When my granddaughter, at age 4, was touching herself my daughter brought her to the docs and he told her that she was probably enjoying what she was feeling and if my daughter found her breathing hard she should leave her alone because she was probably experiancing an orgasm!!...at age 4 I found this to be absurd. Well, after some time went by we noticed she had what I called a "red rash" around her privates. Come to find out, she had a urinary tract infection and that was the reason she was touching herself. If a child is doing something inapproprate, there is usually a valid reason as to why.
Have you asked her if anyone has touched her in a bad way. Speeking from personal experiences that is a big sign of sexual abuse.
Please you have to understand this is not something that she is doing for attention she probly feels good when it is happening you just need to let her know that it is inopropriate to do this at school and in public it does not matter if she never seen a show or around older children this is natural and if you dont make her feel bad or dirty about it she wil stop and learn not to do it. i am not a doctor this is only my opinion and also from my own personal exsperience with a family friend whos child did the same thing also i dont think that this is something that only children that have been sexually abused do