My 5 yr old
My 5 yr old's problems started last year in pre K. He is showing gifted potential but has behavior issues such as hitting peers, being implusive, some bad words but not much, telling lies. His teacher complained about everything from the way he ate to him calling out wihtout raising his hand EACH DAY! The school did nothing except complain and turned him into a paranoid child. He know has bad self esteem and sees himself as a bad boy! We took him to a therapist who said nothing was wrong. Outside of school we did not see this. Yes some normal issues of acting out when not getting his way,but nothing of concern. This year he is in a new school and still having the same problems. The principal is great as she has been observing him to see what is the problem. Right away she noticed the intellegence along with the implusivity and socializing issues. She mentioned something about a sensory problem and that she is using sensory  integration with him. She said that he gets way to excited during the most active points in the day. ???? For no reason at all will push or kick kids in line. He doesnt do it to hurt anyone but does it just the same. He hates the assistant teacher and has said some terrible things to her. He also has a fantasy level in terms of telling false stories when he gets into trouble. Then retracks everything.
We took him to a psychologist who will do psycho-educational testing and told us that with the right therapy my son will be ok. He called him a curious george - that he is too bringht for his own good and getting bored and frustrated therefore acting out the only way  he know how. Also my sons seems to paint my husband as a monster. My husband & I discipline the same way, taking priv. away,.time out, at times spanking when there was no other option. However my son will tell people that my husband BEATS him which is obviously not true - then after will say he was lieing. Is he doing this for attention/ to take the attention away from what he did wrong????
I have to say that my son did go through many changes early on in terms of 2-3 sitters, 2 daycare centers, having a baby brother 3 yeras ago at the same time moving to a new home and also losing his grandpa. Some say he is reacting to all this. I dont understand as we love and take care of him! The same way as our other child. Righ now I want to focus on a behavior plan and have everyone on the same page to help my son. The psychologist told me not to worry that this is really nothi ng but I dont htink so!