My 6 year old boy hits himself
Looking for a little help. My six year old boy hits himself when he gets in trouble. He states that he cannot do anything right and that he hates himself. He knows that its wrong and will state that once he has clammed down. He is struggling at school and home. He states that he hates school and he dosent want to learn. But I fear that he will get worse over time. What steps should I take in trying to help him.
Could it be true.. can he do anything right ? has he any siblings does he feel left out , clammed down ?
He does a lot of things well and we tell him that all the time. He has an older sister who is 8 and he is included in everything we do. Sorry......I meant to type calmed down.
I'd get him some help asap! If u don't things will get worse and it could lead to cutting,other bodily harm or even suicide. Take him to a therapist.
Does he get on well with the 8 year old has she a good helpful attitude to her younger sibling?
margypops,

His older sister who is the eight year old is very helpful. She would do anything to help him. She is the opposite of him.
that is good as sometimes the older child can display some jealousy towards the younger child, but you would see it.Something is upsetting him ,and you say he does the same thing at school ? it may be a good idea to ask your Doctor what he thinks..good luck