Aa
A
A
Close
My 6 yr old boy is a little aggressive
My 6 yr old son is in 1st grade.  Very smart, no trouble doing schoolwork or homework.  Sometimes he says things to his classmates, like saying their name a funny way and it hurts the kids feelings.  Then the teacher tells me he hit a kid in the face with his lunch sack (soft canvas cloth).  He said he was swinging it, but the teacher told me some kids saw it and told on him.  I don't believe he whacked the kid, but I do believe he may have been acting silly like swinging the bag back and forth and coming close to his friends face.  This is a kid of someone I've known for a while.  Not a friend, but still I know her.  Then today my 9 yr old daughter wouldn't give him toothpaste so he punched her in the stomach.  He is the size of a 4 year old and  very petite.  Is is trying to make up for his small size?  The lunch aides also told the teacher that he has been using his hands a lot so he sat out the last recess.  He is not super aggressive, but I am worried about the path he is going down.  I didn't raise him or my 9 yr old for that fact to act like that.  My hubby and I are nice to each other.  He doesn't watch bad shows.  He likes to cook, help me clean and if you need a helping hand, he's right there.  He is a great student and progressing well.  Is this "normal".  He is a young kid in his class.  Help!
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I think it's kinda normals esp for boys to hit sometimes. They tend to use actions more than words. I would just stay on top of it w/his teacher/school and let them know you are concerned and working on it the best you can.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
13167 tn?1327197724
Blank