Child Behavior Community
My 6 yr old son sexually advanced by 12 yr old neighbor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

I have 2 boys, 6 and 8 that have many friends in our neighborhood that come over to play.  This past friday, one of the neigborhood boys, a 12 year old, was playing with my 6 year old.  They were in my sight most of the time and seemed to be having fun.  I totally trusted this boy with my son.  I actually thought he would "protect" him if he had too. My son always wants to play hide & seek in the house, so that's what they were doing.  They went upstairs to play while I was downstairs with my older son.  I am a single mom, so don't have anyone else in the house to supervise.  Things got quite, so I asked my 8 year old what they were doing.  He went upstairs to check and they were in the bathroom together with the door locked.  Then my 6 year old comes running down and tells me that what he was going to tell me was going to make me very mad.  I assumed they broke or spilled something. I said just tell me and I wouldn't be mad.  He said the neighbor wanted him to put his weiner in his butt. I could not believe what I was hearing and I got very upset.  The neighbor came downstairs and I confronted him about it. He said my son was lying and that he would never do that. I told him my son would not make that up and would not even know to make something like that up. I made the neighbor leave and told him not to come back. I had a talk with my 6 year old and told him that it wasn't his fault and I wasn't mad at him. I told him to never let someone see their private or touch it. I told him what the boy did was not right and he is not allowed to play with them again. I am still sick about the whole situation, but have not brought it up to my son anymore.  I'm hoping he just forgets about it.  He seems to be ok and did not seem to be hurt in any way. I am wanting to confront the boy's mother, but do not have her phone # and not sure which apt. she lives in. I kind of feel bad for the neighbor boy because wondering if he's been abused himself. Not sure if I need to talk more to my son about it or what to do about the neighbor?
I have no doubt you are still feeling sick about it, its a shock ,you have handled it well, and playing it down with your son whilst still having told him that no one gets to touch him is a good thing, my opinion is that you do speak to the mom of the 12 year old because this is abuse, and you could report it, he may be doing it to other small children. I would also venture to say someone has done this to him .,so it does need to aired for the 12 year old to get some help..Good luck
Thats good what you did.  Just make sure you tell your 8 year old to look out for him.  You never know if the 12 year old or anyone else will try to do it again