My 7 year old boy grabs his penis saying it hurts
My 7 year old boy grabs his penis saying it hurts and has to go to the bathroom and then he does nothing. This seems to occur when he is asked to do school work mostly but does happen at other times
He goes and hides behind the island in our kitchen

I have asked him if it feels funny and he says yes

Is this a developmental issue or a medical issue

During the school year the teacher said he asked to go to the bathroom and would take a long time.  He does have a hard time with large bowel movements and constepation

we need help.  I can't send him back to school in the fall the school will think he is weird!  They will write him up.  
I bet before writing him up,  they'd tell you to take him to the doctor.

I'm not sure what this is,  but maybe a bladder infection or  . . . I'm not sure.   I'd get it checked.   If he were ONLY doing this when he is asked to do school work,  that would be one thing but since he does it at other times,  check it out.
I will check it out, it might be a urinary tract infection. All they will do in the clinic is take a urine specimen and test. try doing that and take it from there...
goodluck.