Child Behavior Community
My 7 year old son kissed some boys

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My 7 year old son kissed some boys

I am concern about our seven year old son who kissed these boys. His mom approached me and advised that her two boys 4 and 6 told her my son kissed them.  I immediately spoke with my husband who approached him calmly and asked him what was he playing. Our son began to cry and could not explain why he had done so. What do you suggest we do next?

This discussion is related to 7 year old boy with social issues.
Could it simply be from affection, I dont see any problem ,the more that is made of this to him the more anxious it will make him. What kind of kiss it could have been a peck like we all do, did the overreactive Mom say what kind of kiss it was?
Just tell him not to. I mean don't make it seem that kissing is bad but, make it clear that you just don't go around kissing people. I personally am a gay male and when I was younger my parents said I had the same issue. I'm not saying it's the same with your son but, nevertheless just work with him. Point at that kissing isn't acceptable in certain situations.

- A student of Psychology
Okay well incase your child is gay, do not push him away my parents did that to me and now I im 23 I havent seen my parents since I was 18.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm happily straight, functional guy now, but I admit I was a little kid, I did some weird sexual kind of things. I didn't understand things I was doing as sexual all we ever knew was that it felt good and we were curious about it. we never wanted or intended to hurt each other. talk with your kid and let him know how you feel about the situation, find out how they feel about it and be open. but don't make it seem like what they're doing makes them bad because I'll be honest is going to be very very difficult for them to stop doing it. part of the problems we have a situation like this is we don't let our children explore and become comfortable with their bodies. believe it or not nudist families have a lot less problems with situations like these. not saying people should all start becoming nudists but there must be something right about part of what their doing.