Child Behavior Expert Forum
My 8 year old is having "sex" with a 6 year old girl

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My friend called me to tell me that my daughter who is 8 is having "sex n kissing like adults" with her 6 year old daughter (this is how they call it sex). I am freaking out. They are not having sex, sex but my daughter or her little friend get on top of each other and start rocking themselves. I have not told my daughter anything yet but I'm freaking out. She told my friend that she saw it on t.v but that no one has touched her before n as a mom it gets me so upset because I've protected her so much from boys for this to be happening. What should I do?
You should tell her to stop the behavior immediately. Such firm, straightforward limit-setting may be all that is necessary. In any case, I would talk some (don't overdo it) about it, particularly about how it occurred to her to act in this manner.
Thank you for your responses. I spoke to my daughter yesterday, if I wouldn't have heard your advice I wouldn't have been so calm speaking to her.