Child Behavior Expert Forum
My 8 yr old son had oral copulaton with his friend also 8 for some time...

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My 8 yr old son had oral copulaton with his friend also 8 for some time .

A few days ago my 11 yr old daughter walked into the room and saw my son and his friend doing "something" she said.    She said that His friends pants were half way down and my son was kneeling down.   My wife and i came into the room and both boys had looks of terror and guilt on their faces and wouldnt say a word.   Complete silence.  I brought my son into a seprate room as my wife talked with his friend.   After about 30 minutes of pleading with my son reasuring him i wasnt mad but just wanted him to be honest with me. He told me what happened.  He said there was no actual touching that happened, and i believed him. After speaking to my wife i told her we need to investigate this more to see if there was any other incidents.   At this point i wasn't too alarmed  but what i found out burdened my very soul.  My son said that for ""some time"  he and his friend were having oral sex.  He said it started a long time ago they have been friends for two years and that His friend told him what another older boy showed him on the internet and told my son  what to do and my son  did it.  He said he new it was wrong but it felt good.   What concerned me was this boy told him to never tell what they did after my son said we are going to have to tell our parents the boy said never.  I didnt presure him to count the number of time this occured but am very concerned.   I in Heinsight now see the warning signs .   He started acting out talking about butts all the time becoming angy and uncontroled having the barbies his sister plays with kiss .    When we aproached the parent of the other boy to my suprise she wasnt shocked.  She told us just two weeks prior this same boy tried to force a 4 yr old neighbor to do the same thing.   Grabbing his head and pushing it too his penis.   The police were called CPS was advised and not one word was said to us.   I feel my sons inocence is lost and that this will have long lasting effects on Him.   He has been home schooled we monitor what he watches i never would have thought this nice boy from down the street was a sexual predator.  What do i do i fell heelpless and like i failed to protect him.
As with most parents, you were doing the best you could. We can't control all influences in our children's lives, much as we would like to. At this point, since the sexual contact occurred a number of times over a period of time, it will be important to arrange professional help. So make an appointment for your son with a pediatric mental health professional. Most children do fine over time and this need not result in any long-term problem for him. Be sure to talk some more with your son, without pressuring him, to learn any more information you can about the circumstances. Also, speak with the other boy's parents about the involvement of Child protective Services, and be in touch with CPS yourself. You'll all want to be sure the 'bases are covered' in relation to how this string of events developed and who was involved when.