Child Behavior Community
My Son wont go to sleep on his own

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My Son wont go to sleep on his own

My son is five yrs old, and I have had a problem with him going to sleep on his own for awhile now. We have a routine of starting to go to bed at 730pm with brushing teeth and stories, but every night he comes out of his room probably 100 times asking for things, making statements, and not listening every time we put him back. We've tried putting him to bed once and saying goodnight, then each time he came out we would put him back without speaking to him. But it doesn't work. my husband and I need time to ourselves and by the time he actually gets to sleep it seems like its 10pm and were headed to bed as well. I need help with this I don't know what else to do...