Child Behavior Expert Forum
My daughter asked her cousins to lick her privates.

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

I have a daughter that is seven. She lives with her mother, but stays with me every other weekend. We almost always go to my sisters so she can play with her cousins. My sister recntly called and informed me of some very troubling news. My neice told her mom that her cousin asked her to lick her privates. My neice is five and my daughter is seven. Since the incident I have isolated my daughter from her cousins. My daughter just recently finally admitted to asking her cousin to do that. It has been two months since the incident and would like to know, what is the next step?
I assume you have spoken with your daughter about the behavior and how it occurred to her to ask her cousin to behave in that fashion. What did you learn? It does not occur spontaneously for children to ask such a question, so somehow she learned about this. It's also important that her mother be made aware of what occurred and that input be sought.
Yes I spoke with her mother about this. Apparently my daughter learned it from another girl on her team. The girl she learned it from has moved to another team, and they no longer see each other. When would you suggest would be a good time foe me to allow my daughter to see her cousin again? They are family and will see each other again eventually.
I do not see any reason why the contact cannot resume now. The key is that the contact be supervised.
I have a 6 yr old step son who used to like to touch his fellow boy cousins and his 3 yr old step brother. My husband (his father) and I have caught him sneaking to do it several times.. He lives with his 11 yr old sister and his mother and her boyfriend.. I'm just worried that he's seeing things there and is trying to immitate it..