Child Behavior Expert Forum
My daughter's behavior

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My daughter's behavior

I'm from Philippines. I had this problem with my 6 year old Daughter. She is doing good at school. But often times I give instructions to her she always don't follow it keenly. And she always drops a glass of water when drinking. There is also this repeating incident that triggered me to post a question here. Every time she wakes up at night and wanted to pee, instead of going to the bathroom she goes to somewhere near the bathroom like our room and pee there. It's like she is always sleep walking when waking up at night. When I tell her that it's not the bathroom, she looks very confused and don't know where to go until I point to her the bathroom. After she takes a pee I tried to ask her few simple questions just to make sure she responds correctly. And she always seems very confused when I ask her questions during that time. Is this normal behavior for child or is this something I have to worry about? I'm afraid she will retain this attitude when she is grown up. She is also very hyper active during day time when playing or talking.

Hope you can help and advise me on this. Thank you very much!
Yes, this behavior at night is very normal. She is really not at all aware of what is happening. It's best to quietly guide her to the bathroom and then quietly guide her back to bed. There is no need to wake her up fully. In fact, it's better not to wake her up fully. Over time this behavior will change and she will sleep through the night without such episodes.
Thanks doctor Kevin. Really appreciate the advise.
I have the same issue with my child, she goes to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  All I do is leave a "night light" turned on in the bathroom.  The light is on all night.  She goes on her own and goes back to the bed by herself.  She does not even remember that she did this.  She never has an accident.   Make sure that she is not confused because of the darkness in the house.  Also make sure that she uses the bathroom right before going to bed and that she minimizes drinking liquids after 4pm. Good luck.  Been there, still there and I sympathise with you, but this is normal for some kids based on my daughter's doctor.  I am not sure how your house is designed.  I made sure that my child has the bathroom right accross from her room.  It is easy for her to get to it.
Thanks,

Yes, I noticed that when we leave the bathroom light on and have the door partially opened she spots it easily. Thanks. I'll keep it that way then. Really appreciate all your help. I'm glad this forum is here for the benefit of the kids.