Child Behavior Expert Forum
My four year old was molested by his five year old cousin

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My son told me that his cousin which is nine months older then him told him to suck his weenie, my son said his cousin did it to him first then he did it back to his cousin, he said it was really fast....  The problem I have is that my nephew lied about it, like he knew (my nephew said he likes the way it makes him feel), my son said he knew it was wrong but that he didn't want to tell because he didn't want to get in trouble and get blamed for it...  My nephew said that he saw two girls doing that on a movie...:(  I had a talk with both my nephew and my son and decieded that they will never be allowed to play alone again.  My son was very upset about it and said he will never do it again(as my nephew was upset as well).  I just want him to forget about it and never repeat it again... Should I be worried?  he seams fine but it has only been a couple of days, I feel as if I keep bringing it up that it will only make the situation worse.  I am very close with my son and plan on not letting him spend the night ever again.  My son was very honest with me and told me the truth even when my nephew kept lieing....  It is a horrible situation because I love my nephew, but of course I love my son more and never would want that to happen to my child (his mother was very sorry about it as well)...   Should I be worried????  I don't want my son to repeat this, I don't think he will but how can I be sure...  
You (nor any person) cannot predict the future, so there is no way you can be sure of what he will or will not do in the future. However, there's no reason to be unduly alarmed about what happened. Overall your response has been fine; there's no need to keep on talking about it. It's clear from your note that you already informed his cousin's mother. A major point to address (but it's not within your scope of responsibility) is how it came about (if indeed it did) that your son's cousin viewed a movie with such sexual content. Obviously, exposure to such material is very inappropriate and responsibility rests with the boy's parents in that regard.