Child Behavior Community
My kid doesn't want to talk to her teacher

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My daughter is 2.2yrs old.She herself wanted to go to school.So we put her in pre KG where the class timing is 10:30a.m to 12:30noon.Initially she did not talk to the teacher but now its almost a month.But she is very talkitive at home even she says what happened at the school but when I ask her about teacher she says I will not talk to the teacher or else tries to change the topic.But she even says that her techer did not scold her or beat her.Please help me in this issue. When I go to drop her at the school she cries but even when had fever she wanted to go to school.

Please help me in this issue.
one new person at a time with all the people she is comfortable with is a great idea just don't push her to talk to be around the person when she doesn't want she to just do whats she's comfortable with i do know that most kids overcome shyness for some of their favorite things like if she likes to play bubbles have the person blow bubbles it might open a dialogue or at least make her more comfortable or curious about that person if its a kid they will usually work it out themselves just find something their both interested in and give them time but she'll probably not do well around crowds i know my youngest is scared of strangers she hates being in a crowd when she is she likes to be close to mommy and daddy so she feels safe does your daughter stick close to you when your around people she's not comfortable around? i would suggest a quiet area for her playdates with and going or doing something she really likes to do it'll help her be comfortable and that should help her to start talking
     Hey when she is 14 she still will not tell you about her school day.  She is only 2.  She can't really remember what she has done at that age (unlike the 14 year old).  What you do want to do is talk to the teacher and ask her how she is doing - or go and see for yourself.   And yes, she is a little young for this, but that also depends on the amount of kids in the class and the teacher.
thanks for your reply Mr.Sandman2,

I talked to the teacher she says that my daughter is doing what the teacher is instructing,she plays but doesn't talk anything.In the one month she once said "I want water" the teacher is also worried about her.She says that she doesn't react;doesn't say anything. I am so much worried as she is a chatterbox at home.but she wont talk to anyone other than our family members.Is that could be a reason.Because she don't even talk to her schoolmates. How can I make her to mingle with people..
maybe she's just shy some kids are naturally nervous around other people and shy sounds like not talking around people other than close family is common for her you can't make her not be this way she needs time to get comfortable and thats hard to do in a group of people takes time if she wants to go despite not talking thats a good sign the not reacting could be a symptom of her shyness or nervousness she doesn't want to draw attention to herself or have people looking at her
how can i overcome this.I'm planning to arrange a playtime for her where I,my,kid,her dad and her teacher are going play and planning to take her to parks where she can mingle.
Are these are good options..?
*don't push her to talk to this person or to be around them when she doesn't want to* sorry typos
hi all,

Thanks for all your comments.Austin she started talking to her teacher and now she is okay with her.But she cries at the time when I drop her but later she is fine.Her teacher is also very happy.... But still we are planning to maintain the special play time which I mentioned earlier atleast for next 2-3 months....

I'm very happy now....
congrats thats very good news i'm so happy to hear she's doing better crying is totally normal its hard to see mommy and daddy go even if they like where they are i hope she keeps doing well