Child Behavior Community
My little girl is urinating in cups and buckets and hiding them in her ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My little girl is urinating in cups and buckets and hiding them in her room

So I have a 4 year old daughter, will be 5 in Jan. and she has been urinating in cups, buckets, and drawers for months.  I thought she was done with it, but I keep finding them stashed around her room.  I do not believe that she is doing it at night because of how it is hiden.  She has finally stopped peeing the bed and is doing great with it, but it seems like she is playing with urinating.  Her and my 6 year old son had been having problems with doing that recently, and I am at a complete loss.

We lived in California up until a couple of months ago.  The kids didnt have much space to play, so played a lot in their room(shared).  We ended up sepperating them due mostly to the fact that while my son was in Kindergarten or sometimes just playing and watching tv, she would pee on his bed or pillow.  She would constantly pee in any containers in the room and on her brothers bed.  She has been potty trained for nearl 3 years and was rarely having accidents.  She has been having more accidents recently but they are only a little dampness in the underwear or pants.  Recently she has been hiding the urinated objects(besides the clothes which she continues wearing and denys them being wet) anywhere in her room, shoved in crevices behind clothes.

I don't know what to do anymore.  I have tried time outs, cleaning it up, spanking, privelages being taken away, everything that I could think of.  She does not care about being punished and truely forgets things are taken away or remembers and respects it but does not care.  Please someone help.  Give me ideas or help me understand what is going on with her.  Is it intentional, or is she being lazy?  Or is she just not thinking and when she realizes its wrong, tries to hide it.
your daughter likely has powerful issues contributing to this behavior. lazyness may be a factor but her youth would suggest it is not likely a dominant one. she is very likely uncomfortable in bathrooms. can you think of an experience she may have had in a bathroom that would cause such discomfort? a slip or fall? perhaps a slip or fall into the toilet? perhaps... something worse?

You have taught her it is wrong, and she is aware there are consequences. Disregarding consequences suggests a strong psychological urge to continue this behavior. your daughter needs help. please get it for her.