Child Behavior Expert Forum
My seven year old son can't sleep

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My seven year old son can't sleep
My seven year old son has recently been having trouble getting to sleep at night. He gets very upset because of a recurring thought. He keeps asking me about when he dies and is put in a coffin and it is nailed down, what happens if he is not really dead and still breathing?
I assume the root of this is in some kind of anxiety, but am very concerned about how I support him through this.

With kind regards
Pip
You are correct in thinking that this is a form of anxiety. It will likely be only temporary, but may persist. If it does not relent after a month or so, arrange for him to be evaluated by a pediatric mental heath clinician. At bedtime you may also utilize a relaxation meditation. An example would be one of Ben Perry's guided imagery downloads, which you can find on Amazon.com or iTunes.