Child Behavior Community
My son does not eat solid foods

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My son does not eat solid foods

My son is 28 months old and he was born at 36 weeks. His speech is limited all he says is Da Da, Mum, Nan, Hi and Bye. He is also a very picky eater and in general does not like to eat. He only likes blended foods and will eat nothing with lumps. His first instinct when he gets lumpy foods are to gag and vomit. He does not display any symptoms of autism - maintains eye contact, plays with other children, is not violent etc. What can I do to assist my son in eating solid foods and develop his speech

Not all Autism is the same. Sometimes, an autistic child will be high functioning in some areas, but not in others. Many children with autism have problems with certain textures, and some have issues with textures at all. Talk to your doctor about these issues, since they seem to be quite serious.
First, I would not worry about his presumably delayed speech. If he is normal in other regards, then just assume he is a late talker. Some children of normal intelligence don't speak until they are three years old. As for not eating solid foods, why not gradually make his liquid foods thicker? That should do the trick.