Child Behavior Expert Forum
My son has problems with girls

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My son has problems with girls

For the first year of his schooling, he was fine. He got into 1st grade and we noticed some issues involving girls.  Always chasing them, telling him he loved them, making them cry.  After so much of the phone calls and complaints, my husband and I decided to take him out of school and home school for awhile.  After about 1 1/2 years, we put him back in school, a different school. At about the middle of the school year, we had already had a few phone calls and been in the principles office for these same issues.  One day, a cop showed up at my house stating that my son had said some pretty nasty things to a girl. (sexual in nature).  I was unable to believe what he was telling me, for one, I was at the location, the time this supposidly happened.  Anyway, for fear of my sons freedom, (was only 8 at the time) we again took him out of school, and home schooled.  Over the next two years, I attempted to give him a good education, but he didn't seem to be thriving.  He seems to not care, and not try.  It was rather frustrating.  I would teach him one thing one week, and he would not be able to do it the next week.  I recently had him assessed to see where he stood in the department of academics.  His scores were very low.  They recommended I put him back in public school immediately.  He has been there two days, and I am already getting calls from his school principle, stating that he is holloring across the room to girls telling them he loves them, and making them cry out of embarrassment.  I don't know what else to do, he can be arrested for sexual harrassment, and he doesn't seem to get that through his head.  He won't sit in class and do his work, he walks around the class disturbing the other students.  I'm at my wits end.  I've even been looking up boys boarding schools, (even though I cannot afford it.)  Do you have any suggestions?  Thank You for your time.
He should undergo an evaluation by a mental health professional. His behavior, obviously, is not within the norm but it needs to be determined precisely what is occurring. Sending him to a boarding school without knowing what is contributing to his behavior would not be useful (though he may ultimately require such a school).