Child Behavior Community
My son is almost 6 and not potty trained... HELP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My son is going to be 6 yo in September and starting Kindergarten in the fall. He was potty trained about 4 1/2 yo, then in the last few months, he has gone back to having several accidents a day. He always poops in the toilet, but will pee in his pants often, mostly during the day, rarely at night. He has developmental delays with speech, but when I ask him why he pees in his pants and dont in the toilet, he says "I not to" which translates as "I don't want to". He doesn't mind being wet for the most part. He is in day camp at the YMCA this week with other children his age and had an accident today there and didn't tell anyone and sat in it until it dried. We have tried everything with him. We tried ignoring it, giving positive praise, and re-potty training, but that just seemed to tell him that he can do it more because he thought we didn't mind. We tried the reward system. He loves dinosaurs and wanted a Nintendo DS and dinosaur game. We bought him it and told him that if he went a full week without an accident, he could play with it. Just like that, the accidents stopped. A few days after he got his reward, the peeing in his pants started all over. We have not put him in pull-ups again, but are considering it. He pees everywhere. Daycare, home, grandma's house, friend's houses, on our bed with us while we're watching a children's movie with him. It is so frustrating. I usually catch him holding himself and can see he needs to use the bathroom, but he ignores the signs until I tell him to go. I don't get it. Rewards don't help, being patient and telling him what he's done firmly but gently and reinforcing why he needs to use the toilet doesn't work, punishment doesn't work. He doesn't mind being wet and will often lie about it if we see that he is and still want to wear his wet underwhere. What can we do?
Try having Cheerios close by, my son likes aimin for them.