Child Behavior Community
My son just WONT go to the bathroom Please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

I potty trained my son at 2 1/2 he did very well for the first few months. But after a few month he started to pee his pants a little every time he had to go to the bathroom. Then over time he has gotten much worse he is 3 1/2 now and now he doesn't even go to the the bathroom when he needs to go. He just lets a little pee leak out at a time into his underpants until either; I see the spot and tell him he has to go and to go the bathroom or until he has really wets pants and feels like hes going to explode. I am at a loss of what to do... I really dont feel like he will ever get it that is is NOT ok to pee in your pants a little at a time. I tell him 100 times a day "Don't let any pee into your pant make sure you go potty if you feel like pee is going to come out.". But he still just pees in his pants... I have tried rewards for good behavior. If he keeps his pants dry till lunch he gets a special treat.... Still he pees his pants. We have tried time outs for wet pants. I let him pick out a pack of special underpants that he loved and still he pees them. I have tried months of just no reaction when he wets and I just reminded him to go to the bathroom when he lets a little pee out. It has been about 8 months of the behavior and I really dont feel like it is getting any better or will ever get any better.  He is amazing with pooping he never has accidents with this and for the most part he makes it to the bathroom every time before anything comes out. We haven't tried night time training yet because he wakes up very wet every day and I feel he is not ready. Both my husbands and my family have had a history of bed wetting so we are waiting till he is older for night time training. I just dont know what to do about during the day because it's not like he has full out accidents he just pees himself a little at a time all day long. Now he has just started relying on me noticing his wet pants and telling him to go to the bathroom and change his underpants. I have been told that he would figure it out as he gets older but so far he had just gotten worse as he has gotten older. PLEASE any advice would be so helpful! I am so tired of every one telling me "he'll get it just dont worry about it" or "wow my kids never did that, that's strange". The sad part is I really want to enroll him in preschool and they wont let me until he is fully potty trained which at this point I dont even consider him potty trained at all. What would you do?
Is it possible that he has some kind of problem?  Has he seen a doctor about this?  I hate to say this, but maybe you should go back to having him wear pull ups.  Another big thing that comes to mind is this..when I was younger I used to babysit a child that peed in his pants if he had any dairy at all.  It might be worth a shot, to check that out.  
Has another sibling arrived sometimes children regress to get attention and a new baby is a trigger..Perhaps less attention about the behavior he may find that doing it is getting him some attention albeit negative attention .
He has had No new siblings and no big changes in his life. His little sister was born before he even stated potty training. I feel like it is more of a laziness thing rather then him acting out. We give him no extra attention for this just reminders to go to the bathroom and change his wet underpants. It has been SO long (8-10 months) with this behavior that I highly doubt he is doing it for extra attention. Also He has no food or any other allergies to cause the wetting. I refuse to put him into pull ups during the day because I feel that would just encourage this wetting behavior. He has been potty training for a year and I need him to learn it's NOT ok to just pee yourself a little at a time all day long. I haven't asked a doctor about this yet but I plan on it.
yes a visit to the doctor would be the best idea .