Child Behavior Expert Forum
My son was touched by another child at daycare.

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Yesterday when i picked my four year old up from school i was told by his teacher that while he was using the restroom and little girl in his class (3yrs old) followed him in there and when the teacher came in she was touching my son as he was telling her no thank you and stop. She said my son was very against it and kept telling her no. The teacher said that kids this age are curious and we shouldnt worry that they would talk to her parents. when we got home i talked with my son and told him no one should ever touch you like that, he then told me that she also kissed his private area and earlier in the day asked him to pull his pants down and show her his privates. he said she told him should would cover it with her hand so the teachers wouldnt see. He said he told her NO. I told him i was very proud of him for telling me what happend and he never needs to be scared to talk to me about things like this. He seems to un derstand that what she did was not ok and he said it was the 1st time it happened, but i am freaking out. Will my son now try to do these things to others? I contacted the school and they felt after hearing all that happened CPS needed to be involved. They r going to have a meeting with her parents today and tell her she can no longer attend their school. My feeling was either she goes or we go. My main concern is my son. We think he understands that was bad and i dont want to keep bringing it up and keeping it fresh in him mind but i am so worried this may have scared him. Although he still wanted to play with her after this took place yesterday. What should i do as a parent? Just leave it alone since it happended once and hope he forgets?
Try to keep this perspective and not let your emotions run away. You have prepared your son well and you responded well to him. He handles the situation fine and there is no reason to think he will have any problems as a result of this. You needn't keep talking about it. The school has to be sure to supervise the restroom carefully with such young children.