My son's father has OCD. What to do to prevent this in my son.
My husband is OCD.  I see how this behavior can cause problems in his life and social situations.  My son does not display any symptions of this behavior at present but I was wondering if this is considered hereditory or learned behavior or a combination of both and what I can do to make sure my son doesn't fall into the same pattern of behavior.  Also, what should I watch out for to know if my son is starting to show the same type of behavior so I can help him.
OCD is an anxiety disorder.  Today, research tends to indicate this disorder as being an inherited tratit.  Usually anxiety symptoms are noticeable at birth - crying, not easily comforted, sensory issues, etc., so it is highly possible your son favours "your" side of the family.  The best thing to do is educate yourself on the symptoms - google "childhood anxiety disorders" or "childhood OCD", or something similar.  Then, if you do see signs of the disorder, seek help immediately.  As our psychologist says - "the earlier the diagnosis, the better the prognosis".  But, for now, try and relax and enjoy your son.