Child Behavior Community
My son's father has OCD. What to do to prevent this in my son.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

My husband is OCD.  I see how this behavior can cause problems in his life and social situations.  My son does not display any symptions of this behavior at present but I was wondering if this is considered hereditory or learned behavior or a combination of both and what I can do to make sure my son doesn't fall into the same pattern of behavior.  Also, what should I watch out for to know if my son is starting to show the same type of behavior so I can help him.
OCD is an anxiety disorder.  Today, research tends to indicate this disorder as being an inherited tratit.  Usually anxiety symptoms are noticeable at birth - crying, not easily comforted, sensory issues, etc., so it is highly possible your son favours "your" side of the family.  The best thing to do is educate yourself on the symptoms - google "childhood anxiety disorders" or "childhood OCD", or something similar.  Then, if you do see signs of the disorder, seek help immediately.  As our psychologist says - "the earlier the diagnosis, the better the prognosis".  But, for now, try and relax and enjoy your son.