Child Behavior Expert Forum
My stepdaughter is 2 years old and cries when she comes to visit her fa...

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My stepdaughter is 2 years old and cries when she comes to visit her father and I?

My stepdaughter is 2 years old and started visitation with her Father and I a year ago. Her mother is remarried and she is very attached to her stepfather. She often cries upon her Father's arrival to pick her up but then she is fine once in his care for a few minutes. She also goes through a repeating stage instead of answering any questions like "Are you hungry?" Her response is "Are you hungry?" I'm not sure if she is nervous or what. She is definitely in a loved environment but I'm not sure if she is just confused still. She also knows me as Sam (my name is Samantha.) She usually stays around me most of the visitation wanting me to hold her and such. When her Father (my husband) tell's refer's to me as Samantha to her she says's NO. Then he will use Sam instead and she is totally ok with it. Does this sound like her Mother is saying bad thing's about "Samantha" to her to make her not like me or wanna come over?
No, it does not sound like her mother is saying bad things. There does not appear to be any evidence of that.