Child Behavior Community
Neck Twitching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Neck Twitching

My 13 year old boy had developed a neck twitch. He has ADHD and I had him on 5mg of Adderall (adderrall) for approx 6 1/2 years. He did not have the twitch when he was on the medication but when I took him off the medication he started twitching his nose. He than pulled a muscle in is neck and had been twitching his neck for appox 6-8 months now. I do notice that when is excited and has too much caffeine the condition worsens. I do have an appointment with a neurologist but I am concerned that this is the start of something more serious. Have you any had any incidences like this before. Do you think this is something he will grow out of after puberty?
I would take him to a chiropractor. This could be caused from something being out of alignment.