Child Behavior Expert Forum
Need help!

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Need help!

I have 2 children. My son is 2 and my daughter is 4. My son is a mommas boy. He is always with me. My kids have never been to day care or around other children. My mother keeps them. In October 2012, I started my 4 year old in Head start. First day was fine but after that she cried when I left her and cried when I picked her up. The teachers offered no information at all. It was like pulling teeth to get them to talk. I went on a field trip with her and the teachers did not even pay attention to her at all. There was another girl bigger than my daughter that was border line bullying her so I pulled her out of Head start. Ever since them she has been uncontrollable. She will get mad because her brother wouldnt go get the ball and just start screaming and crying and yelling "I dont love you, I dont love momma or daddy or maw maw or paw paw. I dont love anybody". There has never been any abuse in my house. We all worship the ground my kids walk on. My parents and her daddy do not get a long but we dont discuss that in front of her. Her daddy says she is just spoiled but this is not a typical spoiled child spell. The only thing she would tell me about school is that her teachers were mean and yelled at her. If I ask anything about school she changes the subject. When she starts her fits there is nothing you can do to stop her. She has brought all of us to tears. Yesterday she pitched a fit and was bawling until she seen gum and asked for a piece and stopped crying. This has all started since school but has progressed even worse. I NEED HELP
You should re-enroll her in a pre-school program. In addition, you need help with behavior management. Read Lynn Clark's book SOS Help for Parents (see www.sosprograms.com).