Child Behavior Expert Forum
Normal behavior for a teen boy

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Normal behavior for a teen boy

I have a son who will be 14 this summer.  In the past month I have noticed a huge change in his behavior.  He used to be happy to be around his family.  Now he is not.  He seems so distant these days.  Up until a month ago he spent most of his time home with the family.  He has never had a very social life.  Now he has a few friends he likes to chat with on the phone.  I am not sure if this is a phase or if I should be concerned.  He seems to be really negative.  To get him to talk is almost impossible.  Is this normal or do I need to look into help for him?
The change in your son's behavior is not necessarily a cause for alarm. It's definitely worth talking with him, at a calm moment, and see what he thinks. Mt guess is that there is something going on (not necessarily of a problematic sort) with his peer group, and that he's reacting to this. Also, ask around (your friends, school), and keep your eyes and ears open about news that might be pertinent.
1 Comment
A related discussion, teenager boy normal behavior was started.