Child Behavior Expert Forum
Normal penis size?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Normal penis size?

My oldest son is 8 and my younger son is 6.    While they both have shown normal physical development, the 6 year old's penis is very large in contrast to the 8 year old's penis.   In fact, my 8 year old's penis seems to look like an acorn for lack of a better explanation.   We have never mentioned it to him but I think he is noticing the difference between him and his brother and is starting to feel self conscious about it.    Is this normal or is something wrong?  If so, how can we help?
Related Discussions
242606_tn?1243786248
There is likely no problem at al, particularly because you noted that his overall growth pattern has been fine. This would tend to indicate no endocrine problem. It's fine to ask his primary care physician, and I imagine you will be reassured.
2 Comments
Blank
My guess would be the best help you can offer him is not draw any attention to it.  Let him discover things he likes/dislikes about himself on his own?  That besides some surgery which as far as I know does not really exist unless it's some type of tendon snipping which I have heard of can slightly extend it?  However I am not too sure about it.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank