Normally Happy 5 year old cries for no reason
My daughter is 5 years old.  She has always been a very happy child, smiling all the time.  Sunday, out of the blue, she said.."I want daddy."  I told her he was at work.  She then began to cry unconsolably.  She left him this pitiful little message "daddy i want you to come home to me."  We finally got her calm.  The next morning...while giving her a bath..she tells me that she misses me when she is at school and starts crying.  (This child LOVES school and has been in some sort of school for three years now).  She ends up throwing up on the bus and the school calls me to go get her.  She isn't sick.  I talked to her about staying at school and she had a great day.  That night, when it was bedtime she began saying.."I want my granny."  I asked her if she wanted to spend the night with her granny and she said yes.  But when we got there, she changed her mind and then changed it agian.  When I started to leave she started crying again.  I ended up taking her back home with me.   THe next day was good until dinner and her father was late getting to my moms where we were eating because of his job.  She out of the blue says... I want my daddy and starts crying again.  I assured her he was on the way and he got there some 10 minutes later.    I haven't seen my little girl smile like her normal self in several days.  It breaks my heart.  Whats going on?  What can I do?  When I ask her whats wrong, she says she don't know.
Hi,  I don't have an answer for you but I wanted to let you know that I have a 5 year old little girl.  About three weeks ago the same behaviors started.  I actually posted a forum tonight to seek some advice.  It is almost like they feel they are the victims of some worldly plot to make them miserable...I know how you feel and I wish I had some miracle cure for you.  I will let you know if I learn anything that might be helpful...until then I feel that we can only reassure them that they are loved...Good Luck!!!! and keep smiling...maybe its contagious.

Memamom
Thanks for the reply.  I breaks my heart not to see her smile.  Everyone has always talked about how pretty her smile is and how she smiles all the time.  So, when this started it just broke my heart.  I have already been through the step-children accusing their step-father of molestation.  So, I can't help to worry about things like this...even when they seem so minor.  Thanks again.
I mean this with all the respect in the world but I am so happy to hear that your kids have the same issue.  I have a 5 year old daughter and for the past 3 asks my daughter just will cry endlessly for no reason.  There is no making her feel better.  I have tried having her think good thoughts,  count to 10, breath, etc.  If u ladies find any answers, I would love if u could pass on the info. At this point, the next step is the doctors for us.  Best of luck with u ladies and thanks for sharing ur stories.  
Omg I'm going through the same thing a usually happy daughter and she started school a month ago now she crys all the time at school and at home telling me she misses me and she just loves me, don't know how to handle this, need help
Is this her first time going to school?  How old is she and what grade is she in?