Child Behavior Expert Forum
Nudity

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Nudity

Is it OK for a 42 year old mother to let her ALMOST 16 year old son, see her in the nude? Or the 46 year old father to let his 14 year old daughter see him in the nude?

Is it me, or is this a bit odd. Would the son use images of "Mom" in mastrubation?

I think it is unwise, in general, for parents to appear unclothed in the presence of children, but particularly so in the instance of teenagers of the opposite gender. Obviously, the general rule of thumb I am advocating should not be set in stone, but with teens such nudity can create confusion and conflict for them, at a time when they have plenty to deal with without this complication.