Out Of Control
My daughter is 2 1/2 and she is one of the most stubborn, strong willed kids I have ever seen in my life. She is very advanced for her age and I think she uses it to her advantage. If you ask/tell her anything she does the complete opposite, she argues constantly and yells at me. She has even went as far as slapping me in my face, she climbs everything.I've heard of testing their limits but this is out of control.I can put her in time out, send her to her room, grab her down from what she's climbing and two seconds later she's back at it, its like a never ending battle. She won't take naps and she won't go to sleep until like 2-3 o clock in the morning and even then as soon as she realizes she's asleep, she wakes up. She use to sleep all through the night and now I'm lucky if she sleeps 4 hours straight. It's like having a newborn all over again. Please Help?!?!?!?! Any Ideas?!?!?!?!
Try to avoid getting into power struggles with her (e.g., either you do this or I'm going to__). That will tend to escalate her. Try to give her choices. Using a little "reverse psychology" and humor or making things into a game (e.g., "I don't think you remember how to brush you teeth" or "I'll race you to see who can brush teeth first") might help diffuse the struggle. Pick and chose you battle. When it's not a safety issue, maybe you can ignore certain things. And, patience, patience, patience.... Good luck.