Child Behavior Expert Forum
PDD and Nutritional deficiencies

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

PDD and Nutritional deficiencies

I'm aware that children with PDD can be lacking in important nutrients (sometimes) due to the level of the disorder, the fact that "normal" developmental skills may not have been reached and,  of course, aversions to many foods for various reasons.  What I'm interested in knowing is whether or not these defiencies can have side effects such as nose bleeds or even prolong progress in treatment of the underlying PDD?
Dear Lisa,

Pervasive Developmental Disorders represents a broad category of conditions, some of which are very debilitating (such as severe Autistic Disorder) and some of which, at a low level of severity, pose less of a problem.

I am not familiar with any clinical literature which supports a central role for nutritional deficiencies in the onset or course of these conditions. It is clear that the conditions are neurobehavioral in nature, but I cannot assert that nutrition itself plays a central role. Perhaps some of the readers of the Forum can 'weigh in' on this.