Child Behavior Expert Forum
Partners Child Strugglying with expecting me and my pregnacy

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My partner has an 8 year old son, around May 2012 time we made the decision to introduce myself to his son. To start with we were both nerves around each other but within two months or so started to settle. I moved in to my partners house in December and then we got our own house much bigger, lovely and all the rest in Jan. The son seemed slightly worried about this but he was still generally pleasant and the lovely boy I know him to be. I was slightly worried my self as I am going into a new house new living with a partner which I had only ever done once before years ago and this time with a Child to consider(All very nerve provoking) so I understood the childs fear and felt very empathetic towards him.  On the week of moving into our new home we found out that I was excepting a baby. We were shocked as my partner had had an op meaning he wasn't able to have anymore children, and I had just excepted a job aboard for a six month period so us having children were not on the list to do, (although we had spoken of marriage when I returned). So we got on with it and told the Son of the news and we thought time would be best for him to get use to the idea and his Father hates keeping things from him...bless.
I problem is since this new the Child's behavior has changed, he has become sulky, rude, crying, disrespectful and complaining of boredom alot (even though he has lots of activities and toys!)
We ensured that twice a week he had planned alone time with dad so he didnt feel like he was lossing that too much and I try to get involved in things with him so we can build a relationship but it hasnt helped. We tried talking to him and reasurring him and still :(
I work with Children in Care whom have a lot of behavioral diffilcuties and so I thought I would be able to cope but with the pregnancy hormones, all the changes I am trying to get use to, I cant seem to deal with it. I dont feel comfortable in my own home. Does anyone have any advise?
You would do well to seek a brief course of therapy.