Child Behavior Expert Forum
Please

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Please

My 7 year old grandson lives with us along with his mother and younger brother.  We have just started him seeing a Clinical Social Worker/Psychotherapist and has had 1 meeting.  But I would like any input or questions to ask during our updates.  My Grandson cannot cope at all when homework time, Sibling rivalries, any type of reprimanding on bad behavior, or when he dosnt get what he wants when he wants it. He get so angry threatens to kill himself wants us all to die hates us all, wants to live with daddy (who has visitation every other weekend) He has stolen from all of us atleast 4 times a week.  He has filled his mothers shoes with lotion, takes pictures out of frames and hidden them, stolen from the teachers desk and students lunch money, issues on the bus been written up twice for bad bus behavior, like pulling the fire door. He lies about everything from what he did with his clothes to telling his father he does nothing but watch tv, and we asked him why he said that and he said he didnt want him to know we were having fun. He Has no friends or play dates because he dosnt get along with kids and ends up hating them, he does seem to get along better with girls.  And on a good note when he is happy he is so incredibly loving always kissing hugging dancing around wants to help around the house.  He is incredibly charming  and seems to be the perfect child. Well the list goes on and on but please we are at our wits end and if anyone has any advise for us which we can also put across to the therapist, I would greatly appreciate it.
It goes without saying that your grandson is displaying signs of serious emotional disturbance. It was prudent to involve him in mental health treatment. I won't presume to be offering advice to the therapist. That person has the benefit of face-to-face contcat and will figure out a diagnosis that in turn will result in a treatment plan.