Please help me with my 4 year old!?
I have a 4 year old son. He is so mean, he has been this way since he was 2. He is almost 5 now. He is constaintly being mean, it is like its his secret mission. He has a sister who is 2 he tears up her toys, beats her up, and spits on her. I will tell him to go get his coat or shoes and he over looks them when they are right in front of him. He will not sit down and be still he is always on the go, i put him to bed and he will lay there till 12 or 1am, and he gets up at 6:30am. He doesnt listen, i have whipped him, put him in time out, and took things away and when i whip him he turns around and laughs at me then says haha that didnt hurt. He is driving me NUTS, he driven me to the point that i go in my room close the door and cry! He is so destructive!
This article has some good ideas.  You might want to check with your doctor for any physical problems that is causing him to act out.  If he checks out physically, find a child therapist you can talk to to get more ideas.  Here is the article

http://www.aboutourkids.org/articles/about_discipline_helping_children_develop_selfcontrol
It is possible he is reacting to you,whipping and anger will not make him behave , he is probably jealous of his sister , maybe he sees her getting the attention he once had I see this started when she was born,  some outside help is required here and would be good for you both.There is a battle going on ,you are the adult , focus on his positive side , praise him when you see him doing something right.Is his Dad around maybe can play some games with him ,he is seeking attention and he sees he gets it from bad behavior not good behavior. Give him some one to one time so he feels special again .