Child Behavior Community
Potty

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Potty

My 3 years old do know how to go to bathroom to use potty but since we moved to Las Vegas she was improving her potty such better until we moved back to old hometown she goes back to bad habit pee in her pants why?? is it because of moving? what it is? I am deaf and single mother of 3 children.
I think that she may be doing this for your attention. I do not know why she stopped in vegas and started again when you moved back to old hometown. It could be because of moving. Has anything else changed in her life besides the moving? Are you able to talk to her and ask her why she is peeing in her pants? How old are your other two children? Are they old enough to be able to help you out around the house and with your 3 yr old? Think about anything that could be making her do this. Possibly allergies. Anyhow, children are prone to having accidents for a while. The best thing to do for her to retrain her is to continue making her use the bathroom about every twenty to thirty minutes. Talk to her about how big girls use the bathroom and how she has to use the bathroom by herself like her friends do at school. Maybe use a reward chart of stickers and praise her a lot for things that she does right. She may be feeling left out. For every one weeks worth of stickers that she earns, let her earn something out like a movie night or doing something special with you or a grandparent or something like this. This could be baking with you or a trip to the park or a shopping trip or something that she may like to do. Maybe even a play date with a special friend. At the same time, there should be consequences to help her learn right from wrong. Let her know that she cannot get away with doing the actions that are wrong with out having consequences to them. She is old enough to help out around the house with minor house chores as well. things such as vacuuming, dusting, making beds, cleaning up the toys, etc. I hope this helps you out. Try talking with her to find out how she feels and what she is thinking. Keeping the communication lines open with our children has to be at the top of our list of parenting skills. Good luck.