Child Behavior Community
Potty Training

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

Potty Training

Hi, Im a mother of 3 kids and my oldest one is almost 5 yrs old she knows when to go to the bathroom well she has her days where she goes good for several days and then she wets her self well i have for 3 yrs now have tryed LITTERALLY tryed everything you could possibly think of..from spanking, sticker chart, money, even tryed to explain to her that she cant go to kindergarden doing that, witch she is in pre-k and does pretty good but still has her days,Im completly running out of ideas. Well now that my son is almost 3 he isnt fully ready cause he soaks his pull ups still but he knows he has to go to the potty he has went couple times and i have tryed to reward him but i would like to know more ideas for a boy as well. My goal is to get them both trained before they turn 5 and 3 witch is in aug and sept. I do have a 2 month old that is in diapers (of course) but it would just really make it alot easier. My husband works all the time so he dont have time lol. Bu anyways would really appreciate some feed back please and thank you!! :)
Spanking and punishments dont work in fact they create anxiety that makes the issue worse, I would start a more positive way of dealing with it. She may be upset and feel left out and this is her way of getting attention albeit negative attention .,its possible that she sees the baby in diapers getting plenty of attention and wants some of it.One to one time for her, let Dad look after the others ,you and she get together and have fun .Dad can take turns in fun times , outside games .Walk in her shoes and good luck