Aa
A
A
Close
Questions about social interaction of a 6 month old
I was wondering if anyone could give insight on this.  I have a 6 month old daughter.  She is reaching her milestones such as crawling at 6 months, sitting up on her own, rolling over etc.  However, as far as social development she seems to be behind.  When I take her out the house everyone smiles and tries to play with her and she gives little response.  Even when I try to get her to reach out or come to me she doesn't.  When certain family members smile/try to play with her she will scream for dear life as if they are hurting her.  Could this be a sign of a delay?  I would like to know if there is anything I can do to help her develop and be more sociable.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
6 months is an age when children begin to become attached to a primary caregiver and can get scared when others try to touch them.
She could also just be a serious-type baby-- one who is not very expressive. As long as she is not uncomfortable with you holding her, cuddling her, and seems to be responding to you, I would not worry. Your pediatrician will also check for responses regularly at check ups. If you have concerns, you could mention it -- but 6 months is really too young to be worried about this kind of thing.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Child Behavior Community Resources